NPR Berlin Prize Drawing
Terms and Conditions of Participation
The Operator of this prize drawing is NPR Media Berlin gGmbH. With participation in the prize drawing, the contest entrant accepts the following terms and conditions of participation.
§ 1 Participation
1. The participation is free of charge and independent from the acquisition of goods or services.
2. Natural persons of full legal age and full legal capacity are exclusively entitled to participate. They will hereinafter be referred to as “Participants”.
3. The Participant in the prize drawing is such a person who has either
a) donated a freely selectable amount via credit card or wire transfer through the NPR Berlin website at https://donate.nprstations.org/nprberlin/joindrawingonly .
b) called 030-30-30-4444 between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. on April 11-15, 2016, and provided his/her name and email address; or
c) provided his/her name and email address via this link: https://donate.nprstations.org/nprberlin/joindrawingonly
d) emailed his/her name, address and telephone number to email@example.com.
Donations are not necessary to enter or win in the prize drawing.
4. Employees of the Operator and Friends of NPR Berlin, and all employees of participating third-party companies, who are involved in the conception and implementation of this prize drawing, as well as persons who are related to the persons listed above or in a civil partnership or household with the persons listed above, are excluded from participation.
5. Each Participant is only permitted to take part once in the contest.
6. The Operator reserves the right to exclude Participants who act unlawfully from participation.
7. The Participant has no legal entitlement to participation in the prize drawing.
§ 2 Implementation and processing
Only the following three prizes will be awarded in the prize drawing in the following order: a pair of tickets for the performance of "The Wyld", at Friedrichstadt-Palast on April 26, 19:30, with a value of € 131,80; Francucci’s Restaurant Gift Certificate, with a value of €100; and one Grab Bag of Gifts with a total value of € 40 (consisting of two (2) Sausage Man Never Sleeps - Gourmet Sausages coupons in the amount of €12 each; one (1) Naturkunde Museum coupon in the amount of €8; and one (1) York Kinogruppe coupon in the amount of €8). The awarding of the prizes only takes place among those Participants, who have registered via making a donation, calling or e-mailing as described under §1 No. 4 in the period from 12:01 am CT on April 8, 2016, until 11:59 pm CT on April 15, 2016.
1. The prize drawing ends on April 15, 2016, 11:59 p.m.; the winners will be determined afterwards.
2. The winner of the drawing will be determined by random drawing of all eligible entries by an independent party. The winner of a prize will be notified within four days after the end of the prize drawing by email, using the contact details which were provided on entry. The winner must confirm receipt of the prize notification without delay, however, no later than within 14 days after notice from the Operator and must provide the details required by the Operator for sending the prize.
3. The Operator reserves the right to determine a new winner, if the Participant has not disclosed the contact details completely and truthfully, a confirmation of receipt of the prize notification has not taken place on time or the acceptance of the prize is de facto prevented.
4. The formalities for handover of the prize shall be clarified individually with the winner. The prizes, insofar as they are movable items, will be sent to the respective winner by postal service (uninsured), to the address provided after email notification. With the submission of the prize to the post office, the risk shall transfer to the winner. The Operator is not responsible for delivery damages.
5. Cash redemption or exchange of the prizes is not possible. The prize is not transferable.
§ 3 Data protection
According to § 1 of the German Data Protection Law, the function of data protection consists of saving the individual from invasion of his/her personal rights, caused by the exposure of his/her Personal Data. We are committed to the confidentiality of information provided by you according to German Law:
1. Details that are notified on registration are treated confidentially, are not disclosed to third parties and are processed and used by the Operator only for the purposes stated in these conditions - this is the conduct of the prize drawing.
2. We only use your email address for forwarding emails containing information about our prize drawing results, unless you give us permission to send you the station newsletter and share your information with KMJ Public Media Berlin E.V. d/b/a Friends of NPR Berlin.
§ 4 Liability and premature termination of the prize drawing
1. The availability and functionality of the Operator website and the prize drawing cannot be guaranteed without exception in terms of time and location, however, the Operator shall make efforts to ensure smooth-running functionality at all times. The Operator assumes no liability for damages as a consequence of participation or impossibility of participation or prize acceptance.
2. The Operator is not liable for damages due to errors, delays or interruptions of data transmission, for faults to technical systems and service, incorrect contents, loss or deletion of data and viruses.
3. After handover of the prizes, the Operator assumes no liability for damages, regardless of the type.
4. Each Participant is responsible for the content and correctness of his/her personal details. He/she expressly declares that he/she has not provided any false personal details.
5. The Operator reserves the right to discontinue or terminate the prize drawing, if proper implementation cannot be guaranteed due to technical or legal reasons.
6. In the event the relevant stated prize is not available for whatever reason, the Operator may substitute or replace such a prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
§ 5 General
1. Should any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Participation be held to be unenforceable under the applicable law, such provision shall be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions of Participation, without affecting the enforceability or validity of the remaining provisions, which shall continue in full force and effect.
2. There is no recourse to the courts.